Murakami MS Emulsion Reclaimable Hardener
Murakami MS Hardener is a one part emulsion hardener that is applied to both sides of the screen after it is exposed, developed, blocked out, and dried. It improves stencil water resistance for water base and discharge printing yet still allows for the stencil to be reclaimed. After applying emulsion hardener to both sides of the screen, place in the sun or a 100 degree hot box for optimum results. Screen remains reclaimable when all process techniques are followed.
Designed to chemically extend the water and discharge ink resistance of Murakami Direct Emulsions.
How to use:
- Completely process stencils. Make sure stencils are dry. Inspect and touch up screen as necessary.
- Apply MS-Hardener solution to the screen using a sponge, soft cloth, or a spray bottle.
- Completely dry screen after hardener is applied.
- Inspect screen to see if any hardener has dried into the image area.
- Rinse with tap water to remove and Hardener residue. Allow screen to dry.
- The use of waterproof gloves and protective eyewear are recommended when using MS-Hardener.
- Do not thin MS-Hardener with either water or solvent. Use as is in order to maximize it’s effect.
- The shelf life of MS-Hardener is approximately 1 year.