Franmar Screen Degreaser: D-Grease
Screen Degreaser is a fast-drying formula that helps prevent “fish-eyes” and is great for prepping screens before recoating them with emulsion. Formerly known as: D-Grease Great Mesh Prep Promotes Longer Screen Life Pleasant Scent Alcohol Free Great Multi-Surface Degreaser Revives Stickiness of Water-Based Pallet Adhesives
$11.99 – $23.99
Franmar’s Screen Degreaser is tough on solvent residues and easy on the environment. It is alcohol-free, non-caustic, and 100% biodegradable, making it essential for any screen printer. Its fast-drying formula helps prevent “fish-eyes” and is great for prepping screens before recoating them with emulsion.
Do not get Haze Remover Gel on the glued portion of the screen as it will remove glues and adhesives.
1. On a dry or slightly damp screen, spray or pour a minimal amount onto screen.
2. Scrub screen with a dedicated Biggee pad, or nylon brush.
3. Repeat on back of screen image. For tough to clean haze images, let sit for up to 2 minutes before cleaning.
4. Clean both sides of screen with a shop towel or pressured water.
Note: For best results, be sure to dehaze screens every time after reclaiming. Use a separate degreasing step after dehazing when working with high mesh counts (380 or more), halftones, and costly films.
Usage Tips from the Pros:
- Use each time immediately after emulsion or stencil removal so ghost/haze will not set in the screen.
- Great for removal of small areas of locked in emulsion.
- Use Franmar’s Screen Degreaser to remove any residue.
- An hour or longer may be necessary for older haze/ghost images, but Haze Remover Gel will not weaken or damage mesh.
pH Level: 8.1
VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds): <49%, 4.24 lb/g, 507.45 g/l