STS VJ-628D Direct To Film Printer
The STS VJ-628D Direct To Film Printer coming in at just 24 inches wide, the STS VJ-628D fits into any size print shop. And because it’s powered by STS Inks, you can easily and quickly create custom t-shirts and apparel. This Japanese made compact printer even fits onto a table or optional rolling stand for your use. With a low price point and perfect size, the STS VJ-628D is the best option for anyone entering the custom apparel marketplace.
$7,918.80 – $9,598.80
Since DTG technology works best on cotton pre-treated fabrics. DTF opens the door to a wide range of choices and is capable of printing onto non-treated cotton, silk, polyester, denim, nylon, leather, 50/50 blends, and more. It works equally well on white and dark textiles.
Direct to Film printing is a method that rivals Direct to Garment printing (DTG) and allows users to print their logos and/or artwork onto a special type of coated PET film. This film is then used to transfer the printed image onto textiles using a lightweight powder adhesive that can be applied manually or by using an automatic powder shaker to distribute the adhesive evenly across the artwork and film, and with this added step, the transfer process is made possible. STS Inks has everything you need to get started.
This coated PET film is manufactured to handle the high temperatures and pressures used from a heat press. Our high-quality printable film works with any desktop or large format DTF printer and is available from STS Inks.
Having the correct adhesive powder can make all the difference in this process. STS Inks has such powders, and you’ll be pleased with their results. Our powders can withstand up to 40+ washes with great coverage and a high-level transfer rate. And keep in mind, any excess powder can always be reused for the next transfer to get the most out of your investment.
When it comes to printing inks, STS leads the way with a vast array of high-quality ink types. That’s why you’re guaranteed STS DTF ink has been specially formulated for this process and is made in the US where rigorous quality testing is the norm. For over twenty years, STS Inks has provided its customers with the American made quality they’ve come to expect, and DTF inks are no exception.
- No cutting and weeding required
- Crisp, defined edges and images from start to finish
- No advanced technical printing knowledge required
- A great option for small orders
- Low cost on waste
- Low investment – high reward
The DTF Process:
- Design – Create your design using your choice of graphic design software (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
- RIP – You’ll need a RIP Software to print white on top of color.
- Print – Print your design onto your choice of coated PET film.
- Apply – Apply powder adhesive evenly onto the printed film. If performing manually shake off any excess, or if using a powder shaker simply follow unit instructions.
- Bake – Melt the adhesive onto the film using a heat press, oven or heated shaker unit. Ensure even heat throughout at a temperature of 300-325 F.
- Press – Press your design onto a substrate. Applicable on cotton, polyester, leather, cardboard, and other flat rough, and rigid materials.
|Print Method||Drop-On Demand, Piezo Drive|
|# of nozzles / # of heads||(180 x 8 rows) / 1 head|
|Minimum droplet size||3.5 pl|
|Print modes||720/540/360 dpi 12 modes +|
|Color options||CMYK + 2W + 2 Cleaning|
|Maximum resolution||1440 dpi|
|Head height||Low: 12mm / High 2.5mm|
|Maximum media width||24.8 inches|
|Maximum print width||24.4 inches|
|Heating system||Pre / Post|
|Media roll diameter / Core||6′ maximum / Core 3″ or 2″|
|Media Auto Cut||Standard|
|RIP software||SAI/ White RIP STS – DTF|
|Power requirements||110/220 Volt|
|Operating temperature||68°F – 75°F|
|Operating humidity range||45% -55%|
|Dimensions (printer) WxDxH||47″ x 17″ x 14″|
|Dimensions (printer with stand)||47″ x 23″ x 46″|
|Weight (printer)||Printer 70 lbs / Stand 19 lbs|
|Weight (shipping info)||Call for quote|
|Limited warranty||1 Year|
the STS VJ-628D printer uses the Flexi/STS 628D RIP
The Flexi/STS 628D RIP was created exclusively for the STS VJ-628D printer and offers a wide array of features including fast processing speeds and the ability to create multilayer/white on the fly. Users can control how the ink is printed in both the Flexi Design and Flexi RIP Production Manager functions. With the ability to preview the white channel beforehand, users save RIP and print time and avoid wasted materials.
- Enhanced printing while Ripping – Users no longer have to wait for the print job to finish ripping to start printing, this allows for faster processing time.
- Custom cut line names and colors – Users can now define their own custom cut line spot colors and give custom names simplifying the cutting process.
- Adobe Illustrator® layer support – Multi-layer Illustrator or PDF files can be split into multiple jobs which then can be processed as spot colors like white and varnish.
- G7 Certification – Recognizes gray balance and generates linearization that is compliant with G7 color standards.