Excalibur SportPro 1596 Dye Migration Defender Plastisol Ink
Excalibur 1596PF and 1597PF SportPro Defender first down underbases or last down backers for cold peel transfers help block dye molecules on 100% polyester dark colored garments that are prone for dye migration. The proprietary particles contained in Excalibur SportPro Defender act as filters to filter out dye molecules which can migrate up through the ink film during the curing or heat transfer process. While 1596PF Gray blocks dye migration on most 100% polyester fabrics 1597PF Defender Black provides the highest level of dye blockers to help prevent dye migration on fabrics where nothing seems to work.
$49.99 – $125.85
This product is Phthalate Free and designed to comply with requirements for heavy metal and other restricted chemicals. Curing can be achieved at 150 to 160c or approximately 300 to 325F. (Depending on curing time in oven)
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- Filters dye molecules before they reach the ink surface on the nastiest of 100% polyester dark garments.
- High-opacity formula easily covers dark backgrounds.
- Easy-printing viscosity makes Excalibur 1596 SportPro Defender an excellent choice for manual and automatic machines.
- Completely phthalate-free and lead-free formulation complies with all standards of Consumer Product Safety Improvement
- Act (CPSIA) banning phthalates and heavy metals in textile-printing inks. . Excalibur 1596 SportPro Defender is Nike RSL approved.
- Gel Temperature: Ink will gel on surface at 240° F (126° C).
- Curing: Excalibur SportPro Defender
- will fully cure when the entire ink film reaches 315° F (163° C.) and held at this temperature for at least 30 seconds.
- Heat Transfers: Excalibur SportPro Defender may be used to back inks in the production of cold peel transfers when used in conjunction with Excalibur 846 Printable Adhesive and C57 Hot Melt Powder to promote best adhesion to substrate.
- Mesh: For direct printing an 83 – 110/inch (16T – 43Tcm) provides excellent results for direct printing and backing cold – peel transfers.
- Stencil: Any stencil compatible with plastisol inks may be used.
- Modification: Because plastisol inks are thixotropic and can body up during storage always stir ink thoroughly prior to print or adding reducers. If necessary Excalibur 1501 Curable Reducer may be added to increase printability of ink and help clean ink from the screen. CAUTION: Adding too much Excalibur 1501 Curable Reducer will reduce opacity and reduce bleed resistance of Excalibur 1596 SportPro Defender. This is a low-bleed reducer. Using 501PF or 502PF reducers can escalate dye migration.
- Squeegee: 70 durometer or 90/70/90 triple durometer blades are recommended.
- Printing Technique: A print/flash print technique may be necessary to produce desired results.
- Clean-up: Spray Wipes & Screen openers
CAUTION: Always test finished prints for curing, adhesion, opacity, bleed-resistance and desired look prior to beginning full production runs. Lancer Group International cannot guarantee the results or back claims that this ink will test PVC-free or phthalate-free if any additive other than an additive manufactured by Lancer Group International is used to modify this ink. Test results by a third- party laboratory verifying all components used to produce this ink are PVC-free, phthalate-free and lead-free are available upon request. No claim in this Technical Data Sheet is intended to guarantee Excalibur Defender works and blocks dye migration on every 100% polyester dark fabric. Customer testing is required and should be implemented when printing any new product or unfamiliar fabric.