Supacolor Softshell Blocker Transfers – For softshell fabrics with specific dye migration issues
Softshell fabrics are one of the most exciting innovations taking the textile industry by storm. You can now impress your customer and print on them with Supacolor Softshell Blocker heat transfers. Sports enthusiasts love these garments because they are weather resistant and designed to deal with the elements like a hard shell, but breath like a fleece. The material is very complex and tricky to print on because it is abrasion resistant, has some stretch, features a water repellant coating, and it dye migrates.
Supacolor’s Softshell Blocker formula combines a high opacity white water-based ink along with our unique Softshell bleed resistant blocking technology to give these premium transfers a powerful, dye inhibiting capability that is exceptional. Not sure if you need to use our Softshell Blocker heat transfer? Apply a Supacolor Test Transfers to a fabric in question to test for migrations issues. If the dye is unstable, you will see the results on the strips. Migration is not always immediately visible and can occur days after heat printing. Due to this, we recommend that you allow the transfer to rest for 4-5 days after pressing to confirm result of the test.
Supacolor gives you the ultimate confidence to advance your printing capabilities and increase your sales by giving you easy solutions to printing on complex fabrics.
**The minimum order quantity is 10 sheets per design. You cannot split the minimum between multiple designs or accommodate more than one design within a print area. Any orders submitted under the minimum quantity will be cancelled.
***Bulk purchase pricing will reflect in cart.***
How to Press Soft Shell Blocker Like a Supastar
- Set temperature and time
- 290F (140C)
- 10 seconds
- Load and test Polyester Garment
- If possible, slip the platen through the shirt so there is only one layer of fabric on top. Otherwise, lay shirt on top of the platen. Avoid pockets if possible.
- Set Pressure
- Manual Press: Tighten dial until the press won’t close. Loosen dial progressively until the press closes, use less pressure for Polyester.
- Hotronix and Geo Knight: 7-8
- Pneumatic Press: 35-40 PSI
- Pre Press: None – No transfer
- 100% polyester does not hold moisture, so it should not require a prepress unless you just need to smooth out the fabric for 2 seconds.
- Place Supacolor
- Position the transfer on the garment. Lay teflon sheet or parchment paper over the Supacolor.
- Press 8-10 Seconds
- Peel Immediately
- Hot peel immediately from a corner in one smooth motion. Peel with confidence and without hesitation. Hold down soft shell with your free hand for better control.
- Post-press: 2 Seconds
- Use a teflon sheet or parchment to seal the edges of the Supacolor.