Murakami SP 1400 Diazo Emulsion – Works With Waterbase, Discharge, High Solid Acrylic, Plastisol Inks
Experience exceptional screen printing with Murakami SP 1400 Diazo Emulsion. Designed to deliver premium results, SP 1400 combines fine resolution, precise definition, and remarkable durability, living up to the renowned quality standards of Murakami’s emulsions. Coating, developing, and reclaiming are made easy, making SP 1400 a production powerhouse suitable for extended print runs.
$24.99 – $1,775.00
Murakami SP 1400 Diazo Emulsion is tailored for use with a variety of ink systems, including Plastisol, Discharge, and Water-based textile inks. Its versatile compatibility makes it an essential tool for screen printers seeking exceptional results across different applications.
- Blue Colored Diazo Emulsion: The distinctive blue color of SP 1400 helps in achieving optimal contrast during exposure, contributing to excellent image reproduction.
- Suitable for Plastisol and Water-based Inks: SP 1400 works seamlessly with both Plastisol and Water-based textile ink systems, providing versatility in your printing projects.
- Virtually Pin Hole and Fish Eye Free: This emulsion ensures smooth and clean stencil formation, minimizing the chances of imperfections on your prints.
- Extremely Durable On Press: SP 1400’s robust formulation guarantees longevity on the press, withstanding the demands of high-production environments.
- Compatibility with Water-based Inks: When combined with Murakami Reclaimable MS Hardener or A&B Hardeners, SP 1400 becomes suitable for use with water-based inks, expanding your printing capabilities.
- Outstanding Resolution and Definition Properties: Achieve intricate details and crisp images with SP 1400, enhancing the overall quality of your prints.
- Effortless Reclamation: Reclaiming screens coated with SP 1400 is hassle-free, streamlining your workflow and maximizing efficiency.
- 42% Solids Content: The higher solids content of SP 1400 allows for consistent and even coating, ensuring reliable stencil formation.
Elevate your screen printing projects with Murakami SP 1400 Diazo Emulsion. Whether you’re working with Plastisol, Discharge, or Water-based inks, this emulsion’s exceptional characteristics will empower you to produce prints of unparalleled quality. With its ease of use, durability, and versatility, SP-1400 is your go-to choice for achieving outstanding results in your screen printing endeavors.
Using Murakami SP-1400 Emulsion: Step-by-Step Guide:
Attain exceptional screen printing results with Murakami SP-1400 Emulsion. Follow these simple steps for precise application and impeccable prints:
- Mesh degreaser
- Murakami SP-1400 Emulsion
- Diazo which comes with the emulsion
- Emulsion scoop coater
- Clean drying cabinet
- Exposure unit with photopositive
- Lukewarm water source
How to Use Murakami SP-1400 Emulsion:
Degrease the Mesh: Apply mesh degreaser to both sides of the mesh, creating a lather. Thoroughly rinse the screen and frame with water, then allow it to dry completely. Coating Process: Position the screen on a stable surface, slightly tilted upwards. Pour an ample amount of Murakami SP-1400 Emulsion into the scoop coater. Hold the scoop coater at a slight angle and apply the emulsion to the print side of the screen. Ensure even and consistent coverage with a smooth, steady pass. Flip the screen and use the scoop coater to apply one coat of emulsion to the squeegee side. For a thicker stencil, add more coats to the squeegee side while the emulsion is wet. Note: Applying one coat on each side of SP-1400 is equivalent to four coats of wet-on-wet application with standard diazo-based emulsions. Allow the emulsion to fully dry between coats. Level Drying: Place the screen in a clean and dark drying cabinet. Ensure the screens are completely level with the print side facing down. Keep the cabinet’s temperature below 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius). Allow the emulsion to dry thoroughly before proceeding. Film Positive Placement: Position the film positive on the shirt side of the screen, ensuring contact with the emulsion. Expose the screen with your exposure unit. Exposure times may vary based on your light source and coating methods. Accurate exposure is vital for optimal results. Use an exposure calculator to determine the ideal exposure time. Development: Gently spray both sides of the screen with lukewarm water. Wait about 30 seconds. Gently wash the print side until the image is fully visible. Thoroughly rinse both sides of the screen with water. Ensure the screen is entirely dry before moving to the printing stage. Printing: With the appropriately exposed and developed screen, you’re ready for the screen printing process. Final Steps:
Handle the screen and emulsion in a light-safe space to avoid premature exposure. Store Murakami SP-1400 Emulsion in a cool, dry area to preserve its quality.
By following these steps, you can unleash the potential of Murakami SP-1400 Emulsion for exceptional screen printing outcomes. Elevate your prints using this premium emulsion and bring your creative vision to life with precision and confidence.
For optimal emulsion results, use an exposure calculator tailored to your setup. Exposure times may vary based on factors such as coating technique, light source, emulsion type, and thickness. An exposure calculator ensures accurate exposure times, enabling you to fine-tune your emulsion process for outstanding screen printing results.
Encounter issues with screen exposure? Check out our emulsion troubleshooting page, offering insights into common problems and effective solutions. This comprehensive guide provides the necessary support to ensure consistent and successful screen printing outcomes.
Technical Sheets / Safety Data Sheets / Documents
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.