TW 5041 Gloss Halftone Magenta Water Based Poster Ink – Perfect for Flat Stock
Elevate your poster printing game with TW Graphics® 5000 Gloss Water-Based Inks. Unleash a new realm of vibrant and captivating colors that breathe life into your poster designs. These inks are meticulously crafted to ensure impeccable adhesion, durability, and a stunning gloss finish that sets your posters apart. Experience the perfect fusion of innovation and artistry as you create posters that leave a lasting impression.
TW 5000 Gloss Water-Based Inks are not limited to posters alone. With their versatile formulation, they’re the ideal choice for crafting a diverse range of visual wonders. From fine art serigraphs and nameplates to skateboards, posters, aircraft interiors, and point of purchase displays, these inks open doors to boundless creative possibilities. Redefine your printing experience and transform ordinary posters into extraordinary works of art.
$39.99 – $105.25
The 5000 Gloss Ink Series has been specifically formulated to adhere to a wide range of substrates offering rich, gloss colors. End uses include fine art serigraphs, nameplates, skate boards, posters, aircraft interiors, and point of purchase displays.
TW 5000 Gloss Key Features:
- An Extensive Adhesion Range: Immerse yourself in creative freedom as our ink adheres flawlessly to an astonishing array of substrates. From Treated Coroplast™ to Polycarbonate, Tyvek® to Pressure Sensitive Vinyl, your designs will find a perfect canvas, ensuring your artwork speaks volumes.
- Brilliant Colors, Gloss Finish: Witness your designs come alive with a brilliant burst of colors that captivate the eye. Our ink provides a captivating gloss finish that adds a touch of sophistication to your prints, making every creation a masterpiece.
- Effortless Clean-Up: Experience hassle-free printing sessions with easy clean-up. Our ink’s water-based formula ensures that cleanup is a breeze, allowing you to focus more on your creative process and less on maintenance.
- Long-Lasting Brilliance: Preserve your artistry for years to come with up to 5 years of light-fastness*, ensuring that your prints retain their vibrancy and allure even when exposed to the elements.
- Automotive Grade Pigments: Elevate your prints to the level of automotive excellence with pigments that meet the demanding standards of the automotive industry. Your prints will radiate with the same quality and durability found in top-tier vehicles.
- Treated Coroplast™ / Fluted Polyolefin**: Turn ordinary surfaces into vibrant canvases with our ink’s impeccable adhesion to treated Coroplast™ and fluted polyolefin materials.
- Pressure Sensitive Vinyl: Bring your designs to life on pressure-sensitive vinyl, creating captivating visuals that adhere flawlessly to various surfaces.
- Treated Polyethylene: Imprint your creativity on treated polyethylene surfaces, ensuring your prints are as enduring as they are enchanting.
- Polystyrene (Styrene): Elevate your prints on polystyrene substrates, adding a layer of sophistication to your artwork.
- Treated Polyester (Substrate not Fabric): Make a lasting impression on treated polyester, creating prints that command attention and admiration.
- Polycarbonate: Embrace the durability of polycarbonate as your canvas, resulting in prints that withstand the test of time.
- Coated Wood: Infuse your designs onto coated wood, transforming it into an artistic masterpiece.
- Card Stock: Turn card stock into an avenue for creativity, giving your prints a touch of elegance and charm.
- Tyvek®: Experience the exceptional adhesion of our ink on Tyvek®, ensuring your designs captivate and endure.
- Tedlar®: Elevate your prints on Tedlar®, creating visuals that reflect your unique style and innovation.
- PVC: Imprint your creativity on PVC, producing prints that are as dynamic as they are durable.
- ABS: Transform ABS into an artistic canvas, bringing your imagination to life with exceptional precision.
Empower your prints with the TW Graphics® 5000 Multi-Purpose Water-Based Series – Gloss: Where Creativity Knows No Boundaries.
The 5500 Ink Series is a flexible, one component, flat, water-based ink system which adheres to a wide variety of substrates. The 5500 Ink Series can be used to print fine art serigraphs, polystyrene, Tyvek®, Tedlar®, polycarbonate, treated polyesters, pressure sensitive vinyl, and aircraft interiors.
Screen Mesh- 200 to 380 (80 to 150 cm) monofilament polyester is recommended.
Stencils- Solvent and water-proof emulsion only. Dual cure emulsions are recommended for added durability. Emulsion stencil must be thoroughly dried before image exposure. Use a water-proof block-out or emulsion for small touch-up areas.
Squeegee Type- A sharp 70 to 85 single or multi-durometer polyurethane blade.
Ink Additives and Thinning- Stir the ink well before every use. The 5500 Ink Series is supplied in a press ready condition for most applications and printing equipment. Use water for normal viscosity adjustments by no more than 5 to 10% by weight. Two thinners are available to reduce the inks viscosity; TW-1820 can be used for normal press viscosity reduction. TW-1821 is a slower evaporating thinner which can be used for slower print cycles. In addition, two retarders are available for use with the 5500 Series. Retarders should be used sparingly to reduce the inks drying time within the screen. TW 1822 for normal reduction in the inks drying speed, retard with TW-1823 slow retarder for fine detail printing, slow print cycles or high temperature conditions. Use no more than 5 to 10% of thinner or retarder by weight. 5100 Defoamer can be used by 1 to 2% by weight to eliminate the “bubbling” or foaming effect of the ink when printing at high press speeds. An over reduction with retarders, and thinners can result in blocking and a significant reduction in drying speed. Never exceed recommended levels of reduction. Use 5 to 10% of WB-1824 Activator by weight to improve chemical resistance. Please note however, that the WB-1824 Activator will only stay active within the ink for only a 24 hour period under most conditions. The ink can be reactivated only one additional time after the first 24 hour is complete by re-adding the Activator. We strongly recommend mixing only enough ink with the WB-1824 Activator estimated for a 24 hour period. TW 4108 Flattening Powder can be used to change the gloss level of the ink to a satin or flat finish. Only 1 to 8% of Flattening Powder needs to be added by weight to change the ink’s gloss level. Please be aware that the addition of the 4105 Flattening Powder increases the viscosity of the ink. Reduce with the appropriate amount of water or thinner as necessary. TW 5008 Liquid Thickener can be used to increase the inks viscosity. This is normally added when printing fine detail or halftone areas. Only 1/2 to 1% of Thickener needs to be added by weight to increase the inks viscosity. After adding the Thickener to the ink, mix very well and allow the viscosity to fully develop for 10 minutes before use within production. The end-user must always determine the suitability of this product for the intended use prior to production. Please allow at least 24 hours after printing to evaluate the suitability of the ink and its adhesion to the surface. Ink Yield and Coverage Colors should achieve a yield of 1,400 to 2,000 square feet per gallon (33 to 47 square meters per liter) depending upon on fabric selection, squeegee hardness, substrate absorption and press mechanics.
Drying Parameters- The 5500 Series will air dry in 20 to 30 minutes at normal room temperature. Force drying in seconds at 90° to 150° F (32° to 66° C). To prevent the blocking of material after printing, it is paramount to ensure that the temperature of the drying is not excessive and the air flow surrounding the material is good. Material blocking may occur if sheets are stacked when still warm.
Adhesion Testing- It is imperative that all substrates are tested prior to use within production. Even similar materials can vary between different batches, manufacturers or the age and storage time of the particular substrate. Certain types of fabrics may be manufactured with surface treatments which can impair ink adhesion and print performance. Once the ink has been fully dried and allowed to cool down, the adhesion should be tested by: Cross Hatch Test—Using a sharp blade or cross hatch knife, cut through the film of the ink only, then Apply 3M #600 tape firmly on the cut area. Rub the tape down firmly then rip off. Ink should only come off in the straight cut areas.
Ink Wash Up- Wash up on press with a press wash and reclaim with degradents specifically developed for waterbased inks.
Storage- Store at room temperature, below 100° F (38° C). Always avoid open flames and excessive heat exposure. Protect from freezing.
Packaging- Available in quarts, gallons and five-gallon pails. 30 and 50 gallon drums can be ordered.
Safety and Handling- Refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet for this product prior to use.
Estimated Durability and Light-fastness- Although outdoor durability cannot be specified exactly, accelerated weathering tests indicate that the 5500 Series Ink Line has an exterior life up to three years on most substrates, with exception to Reflex and Ultra Blue. Reflex and Ultra Blue has an exterior life up to two years. Variables within production and the end products use within the field will greatly affect a printed substrates durability. A slight change in color and gloss level should be expected.
Technical Sheets / Safety Data Sheets / Documents
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.