Chromaline UDC-2 Diazo Emulsion – Works with Solvent, Plastisol Inks
Introducing Chroamline UDC-D Diazo Dual Cure Emulsion, the ultimate solution for screen printers seeking unparalleled quality and performance – Chromaline UDC-2 Dual Cure Emulsion. Discover the power of innovation coupled with ease of use, as this emulsion takes your screen printing projects to the next level.
$41.68 – $3,496.92
Chromaline UDC-2 Diazo Emulsion Key Features:
- 🔵 Distinctive Blue or Clear Options: Choose between Blue or Clear variants for optimal customization according to your preferences.
- 🔵 Works with Plastisol and Solvent Inks: Whether you’re using plastisol or solvent inks, UDC-2 delivers outstanding results, making it a versatile choice for various applications.
- 💡 Best Line Definition and Halftone Holding: Experience unparalleled precision with UDC-2’s exceptional line definition and halftone holding capabilities, ensuring your designs come to life with remarkable detail.
- 💪 High Solids Content: Boasting an impressive 38% solids content, UDC-2 provides the essential components for consistent and superior results.
- ✨ Smooth Application: Experience effortless coating with its medium viscosity that strikes the perfect balance between fluidity and control.
- 🌞 Rapid Drying: UDC-2’s reduced water content accelerates drying time, boosting your screen printing efficiency.
- 🎯 Precise Imaging: Achieve high-definition prints with exceptional definition and line edge, guaranteeing professional-looking results.
- 🏋️ Durability You Can Count On: UDC-2 produces hard and durable stencils, ensuring longevity even with frequent use. 🛡️
- 🖨️ Effortless On-Press Registration: Enjoy high contrast prints with easy on-press registration, streamlining your printing process.
- 🏆 Proven Performance: As Chromaline’s best-selling dual cure emulsion, UDC-2 is a tried-and-true performer trusted by industry professionals.
Elevate your screen printing game with Chromaline UDC-2 Dual Cure Emulsion. Experience outstanding quality, reliability, and ease of use in one exceptional product.
Using Chromaline UDC-2 Diazo Dual Cure Emulsion: Step-by-Step Guide
Note: Before you begin the emulsion application process, make sure to perform all steps in a light-safe environment to prevent premature exposure.
Achieve exceptional screen printing results with Chromaline UDC-2 Diazo Dual Cure Emulsion. Follow these straightforward steps to ensure proper application and impeccable prints:
- Mesh degreaser
- Chromaline UDC-2 Diazo Dual Cure Emulsion (two parts)
- Emulsion Scoop coater
- Clean drying cabinet
- Exposure unit with photopositive
- Lukewarm water source
- Clean and dark workspace
1. Degrease the Mesh:
- Apply a mesh degreaser to both sides of the mesh, creating a lather.
- Thoroughly rinse the screen and frame with water, then allow it to dry completely.
2. Mixing Emulsion:
- Mix the two components of UDC-2 Diazo Dual Cure Emulsion according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ensure proper mixing to activate the emulsion’s dual-cure properties.
3. Coating Process:
- Place the screen on a stable surface, slightly tilted upwards.
- Pour an adequate amount of UDC-2 Emulsion into your scoop coater.
- Hold the scoop coater at a slight angle and apply the emulsion to the print side of the screen.
- Ensure even and consistent coverage by making a smooth, steady pass with the coater.
- Flip the screen over and use the scoop coater to apply one coat of emulsion to the squeegee side.
- For a thicker stencil, apply additional coats to the squeegee side while the emulsion is still wet.
- Allow the emulsion to dry completely between coats.
4. Level Drying:
- Place the screen in a clean and dark drying cabinet.
- Ensure the screens are completely level with the print side facing down.
- Allow the cabinet’s temperature to remain below 110 degrees Fahrenheit (43 degrees Celsius).
- Allow the emulsion to dry thoroughly before proceeding.
5. Film Positive Placement and Exposure:
- Position the film positive on the shirt side of the screen, ensuring it is in contact with the emulsion.
- Expose the screen using your exposure unit.
- Exposure times may vary based on your light source and coating methods.
- Accurate exposure is crucial for optimal results.
- Utilize an exposure calculator to determine the ideal exposure time.
6. Development and Printing:
- Gently spray both sides of the screen with lukewarm water.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Gently wash the print side of the screen until the image is fully open and visible.
- Rinse both sides of the screen thoroughly with water.
- Ensure the screen is completely dry before proceeding to the printing stage.
- With the properly exposed and developed screen, you are now ready to proceed with your screen printing process.
7. Final Steps:
- Handle the screen and emulsion in a light-safe environment to prevent premature exposure.
- Store UDC-2 Diazo Dual Cure Emulsion in a cool, dry place to maintain its quality.
- Note: UDC-2 Diazo Dual Cure Emulsion has a shelf life of about 3 weeks once the two components are mixed together.
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can harness the capabilities of Chromaline UDC-2 Diazo Dual Cure Emulsion to achieve impeccable screen printing results. Elevate your prints with this high-quality emulsion and bring your creative vision to life with confidence and precision.
For optimal emulsion results, it’s crucial to use an exposure calculator tailored to your specific setup. Exposure times can vary based on factors such as coating technique, light source, emulsion type, and thickness. Utilizing an exposure calculator ensures precise and customized exposure times, enabling you to fine-tune your emulsion process for exceptional screen printing outcomes.
If you encounter challenges in achieving optimal screen exposure, we invite you to explore our emulsion troubleshooting page. Here, you’ll find valuable insights into common issues and effective solutions, aimed at helping you resolve any challenges during the emulsion process. Our comprehensive troubleshooting guide is designed to provide you with the necessary support to ensure consistent and successful screen printing outcomes.
SHIPPING NOTE: This product is not freeze/thaw stable and will not ship during freezing temperatures.