Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White – Perfect for Hybrid Digital Printing
Introducing Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White, your ultimate solution for achieving flawless and vibrant prints on dark fabrics using digital printing technology. This innovative underbase white is designed to provide the perfect foundation for your designs, ensuring exceptional color opacity and brilliance, even on the darkest of textiles.
Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White is specifically engineered to meet the demands of digital printing, offering a seamless and user-friendly experience. Say goodbye to the challenges of printing on dark fabrics and embrace the convenience of this remarkable underbase white.
With its exceptional color opacity, Matsui Digital Under Base White allows you to achieve true-to-color prints on dark textiles. Witness the vividness of your designs as they pop off the fabric with unparalleled brilliance and clarity.
Experience the soft and comfortable hand feel that sets this underbase white apart from traditional plastisol inks. Delivering a luxurious touch, it ensures that your printed garments are not only visually striking but also remarkably pleasant to wear.
Compatible with a wide range of fabrics, Matsui Digital Under Base White offers versatility and adaptability in your printing projects. From cotton to blends and polyester, this underbase white delivers consistent and outstanding results on various fabric types.
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or new to digital printing, Matsui Digital Under Base White is designed for effortless integration into your workflow. Its user-friendly properties make it ideal for both experienced printers and passionate enthusiasts.
Unlock the full potential of your digital fabric printing projects with Matsui Digital Under Base White. Elevate your designs to new heights with this foundation of color brilliance, softness, and comfort.
So, if you’re seeking an underbase white that delivers flawless prints on dark fabrics, look no further than Matsui Digital Under Base White. Embrace the convenience of digital printing and prepare to leave a lasting impression with this innovative and exceptional underbase white. Elevate your fabric printing game with Matsui Digital Under Base White, where brilliance, softness, and convenience converge for outstanding results.
Key Features of Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White:
- Flawless Dark Fabric Prints: Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White is specifically designed to provide a flawless foundation for printing on dark fabrics. Its exceptional color opacity ensures true-to-color prints that pop off even the darkest textiles.
- Brilliant Color Clarity: Experience the vividness and brilliance of your designs with Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White. This underbase white delivers outstanding color clarity, enhancing the visual impact of your prints.
- Luxurious Hand Feel: Unlike traditional plastisol inks, Matsui Digital Under Base White offers a soft and comfortable hand feel. The printed garments not only look impressive but also feel remarkably pleasant to wear.
- Versatility with Fabrics: Compatible with a wide range of fabrics, including cotton, blends, and polyester, this underbase white offers versatility and adaptability in your digital fabric printing projects. Achieve consistent and outstanding results on various fabric types.
- Seamless Digital Printing Integration: Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White is designed for seamless integration into your digital printing workflow. Its user-friendly properties cater to both experienced printers and passionate enthusiasts, making it effortless to achieve remarkable prints.
- Foundation of Brilliance: As the foundation for your designs, Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White sets the stage for exceptional color brilliance. Witness your prints come to life with unparalleled vibrancy and visual impact.
Elevate your digital fabric printing projects with Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White, where flawless dark fabric prints, brilliant color clarity, and a luxurious hand feel converge to create outstanding results. Unleash your creativity, embrace the convenience of digital printing, and prepare to leave a lasting impression with this innovative and exceptional underbase white. Elevate your fabric printing game with Matsui Digital Discharge Under Base White, where brilliance, softness, and versatility set the stage for remarkable prints on dark fabrics.
Matsui Bright Discharge White Technical Printing Specifications:
- When using Matsui discharge products, keep in mind that they will only discharge 100% cotton fabrics.
- If you’re printing on blends, the discharge effect will only be visible on the cotton threads, while the synthetic fibers will retain their original color giving the print a distressed look.
- Discharge ink’s effectiveness can vary based on shirt brands and batches. Re-dyed shirts may not discharge the first color well. Check with your shirt supplier for recommendations on suitable brands for discharge printing.
Preparing Discharge Inks:
- Mixing: In clean vessels, combine the discharge ink and discharge activator using clean mixing blades and utensils.
- For optimal results, mix 3-8% of Matsui or Printers Choice Discharge Activator to the weight of the ink. Some printers prefer to dissolve the discharge activator in a small amount of water before adding it to the ink. This helps ensure even dispersion throughout the ink, leading to a more consistent and effective discharge process.
- The percentage of discharge activator used will impact the brightness of the white once cured. Higher percentages result in a brighter white, but the softness of the print may be slightly affected.
- Shelf Life: Once activated with either Printers Choice or Matsui Discharge Activator, the ink has a shelf life of 12 hours. It is recommended to use the ink within this timeframe for optimal performance.
Screen & Mesh Preparation Pro Tip:
- For optimal results, ensure that you use a water-resistant emulsion such as Chromaline CPTex or Chromaline Hydro-X. These emulsions are designed to withstand the water-based nature of discharge inks.
- Using a water-resistant emulsion like Chromaline CPTex, a true dual-cure diazo emulsion, offers several advantages over photopolymer emulsions. The CPTex emulsion provides enhanced durability and resistance to both water-based and plastisol inks. It also offers better performance when exposed to high-intensity UV light during the screen exposure process. The diazo component in Chromaline CPTex provides superior water resistance, making it an ideal choice for water-based inks, such as discharge inks. Additionally, it offers better resistance to solvent-based inks, ensuring longer screen life and improved print quality. Moreover, Chromaline CPTex exhibits excellent adhesion to the mesh, reducing the risk of mesh breakdown during the printing process. It can withstand multiple print runs, which is especially beneficial for high-volume production. In summary, using Chromaline CPTex as your true dual-cure diazo emulsion brings added versatility, durability, and performance to your screen printing process, making it a preferred choice for various printing applications.
- If you anticipate long print runs or require enhanced durability, consider using a hardener such as Murakami MS Hardener on the emulsion to increase its resistance to breaking down.
- Printing with water-based and discharge inks requires careful consideration of the mesh type to achieve optimal results. Utilizing thin thread mesh, such as Saati Hydro mesh, is highly recommended for these ink types. Thin thread screens offer a larger open area per inch, creating a more open and less obstructed surface. This larger open area makes it harder for inks to dry and close in on the image area, preventing unwanted clogging or distortion. By selecting a suitable mesh, like Saati Hydro mesh, you can ensure smoother printing, maintain image clarity, and enhance the overall quality of your prints. Invest in the right mesh for your water-based and discharge ink applications to elevate your printing experience.
- After burning your screens, post-expose them in the sun to ensure they are thoroughly dry before starting the printing process. This step will help prevent any potential issues related to excess moisture in the screens during printing.
- To enhance your inks performance, create a mesh lubricant solution by mixing 30% Matsui Softener with 70% water in a bottle. Shake the mixture thoroughly until it is well combined. Before printing, apply this solution on the ink side of the mesh and evenly wipe it over the image area. This acts as a lubricant, providing a similar effect to WD-40 on the mesh threads. The lubricant helps prevent the ink from sticking on the threads of the open area, ensuring your image remains crisp and preventing any unintended closing in of the design. This simple yet effective technique can contribute to smoother printing and improved image quality.
- Use additives like softener, retarder, and quick additive to keep the ink open and workable during the print run.
- Less is better on the screen; add a small amount of ink on the press and continually add fresh, hydrated ink during the print run to prevent drying on press.
- Keep a spray bottle nearby to mist the ink when flooded to prevent drying out.
- Avoid having fans or air flow blowing on your screens
- Keep the pallets at or below 140 degrees Fahrenheit during the print run to avoid gumming up the ink in the screen.
- To enhance the performance of discharge ink and keep the ink open for a smoother printing experience, consider using additives such as Matsui Softener, Matsui Retarder, and Matsui Quick Additive. These additives can help improve ink flow and extend the open time on the screen, allowing you to achieve better results during your print run. Experimenting with different additive percentages can fine-tune the ink’s properties to suit your specific printing needs.
- Once you start the printing process, try to avoid extended pauses or stops, as prolonged time in the screen can cause the inks to start drying out. If you need to take a break, it’s advisable to leave your screens flooded with ink. Keeping the screens flooded will help maintain the moisture content and extend the workable printing time, reducing the risk of ink drying out on the screen. This technique ensures smoother printing and minimizes potential disruptions during the production process.
- Curing water-based discharge ink indeed demands more time and attention compared to standard plastisol ink. For optimal results, we recommend running your conveyor dryer at 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius) and leaving the printed garment inside for a full two minutes. This extended curing time is essential to evaporate all the water content from the ink in the tunnel, ensuring an even and consistent print.
- If the print appears darker in certain areas than others, it indicates that the garment hasn’t been fully cured, and additional time is required for proper curing. Achieving a thorough and uniform cure is crucial to obtaining vibrant and long-lasting prints.
- Discharge ink emits strong fumes during the curing process, so proper ventilation is advised to dissipate the odor. Ensuring a well-ventilated environment not only improves the working conditions but also enhances overall print quality. By following these guidelines, you can achieve outstanding results with water-based discharge ink printing while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- To prevent discharge gas transfer, avoid stacking shirts hot right out of the dryer. Use a cooling bar or fan at the end of the conveyor dryer, or make multiple shirt stacks to allow them time to cool down.
For the softest prints in textile hybrid screen printing, apply Matsui Digital Under Base White before DS Hybrid Pre-Digital Clear or Digiace Digital Screen Clear through screen mesh up to 230 in (90 cm). Use a recommended dryer temperature of 320°F (160°C) for 2-3 minutes to ensure proper curing of the underbase, ensuring wash fastness and durability.
When working with Matsui Digital Discharge White, use clean vessels, mixing blades, and utensils to prevent contamination. Avoid any contamination from other ink sources or non-approved additives, as it may cause DS Hybrid UB Discharge White to test positive for restricted PVC’s.
By following these additional application and special recommendations, you can achieve the softest and most vibrant prints using Matsui Digital Under Base White in combination with other digital screen clear products. Ensuring proper curing and maintaining a clean working environment will result in high-quality and eco-friendly fabric prints that are free from restricted PVC’s. Elevate your textile hybrid screen printing with Matsui Digital Under Base White, where softness, vibrancy, and eco-consciousness converge to create exceptional fabric prints.
Matsui Digital Discharge White Characteristics:
- Wet Ink Tack | Low
- After Flash Tack | Low
- Printability | Excellent
- Surface Appearance | White
- Opacity/Viscosity | Low/Low
- Bleed Resistance | None
- Gel Point/Flash Time | 160°F (71°C)/decreases with deposit thickness
- Fusion Temperature | 320°F (160°C)
- Squeegee Hardness | Medium
- Squeegee Blade | Sharp
- Squeegee Angle | 15 degrees to screen
- Squeegee Speed | Medium
- Underlay | DS Hybrid UB Clear
- Emulsion | Direct or indirect
- Mesh Count | 80-230 mc in (31-90 mc cm)
- Thinner | RV Additive
- Thickener | Thickener B
- Storage | 65°F to 95°F (18°C to 35°C). Avoid direct sun.
- Cleanup | Water and mild soap or detergent
- Color Range | Milky
- Substrate Type | Most
- Substrate Color(s) | Light, Medium, and Dark Fabrics
Note: The printer must test the ink before a production run. River City Supply and affiliates are not responsible for dye migration or misuse of this product. It is imperative for the printer to test and ensure the ink is properly cured and opaque enough to prevent dye migration on particular fabrics.