Matsui Discharge Binder 301DM – Versatile Ready-for-Use and Discharge Ink Solution
Introducing Matsui 301DM Base, the ultimate solution for versatile fabric printing applications. This innovative product offers the flexibility to be used as both a ready-for-use water-based ink and an activated discharge ink, empowering you to unleash your creativity like never before.
As a ready-for-use water-based ink, Matsui 301DM Base delivers exceptional print quality with ease. With no need for activation, you can seamlessly integrate this ink into your fabric printing process and achieve precise and vibrant prints effortlessly.
But that’s not all – Matsui 301DM Base truly shines when activated as a discharge ink. Experience the magic of discharge printing as this base effectively removes the dye from the fabric, leaving a beautifully soft and natural feel that PVC inks cannot replicate. Explore the art of creating striking and vivid designs on dark fabrics with unparalleled precision and comfort.
Whether you’re a seasoned printing professional or a passionate enthusiast, Matsui 301DM Base is your ultimate ally. With its user-friendly nature, this ink adapts to your printing needs, ensuring consistent and remarkable results every time.
Get ready to expand your design horizons as Matsui 301DM Base allows you to experiment with various techniques and fabric types. From water-based printing to the captivating world of discharge printing, this versatile base opens up endless possibilities for your fabric creations.
Embrace the convenience of Matsui 301DM Base as you delve into the world of water-based printing and discharge printing. With this all-in-one solution, you can elevate your fabric prints to new levels of creativity and excellence.
So, if you seek an ink base that offers versatility, quality, and exceptional results, look no further than Matsui 301DM Base. Elevate your fabric printing game and prepare to leave a lasting impression with this innovative and flexible ink. Unlock the art of both water-based and discharge printing with Matsui 301DM Base, where creativity knows no bounds.
$24.99 – $229.99
Key Features of Matsui 301DM Base:
- Dual Functionality: Matsui 301DM Base is a uniquely versatile ink that can be used as both a ready-for-use water-based ink and an activated discharge ink. Enjoy the convenience of one product for multiple fabric printing applications.
- Ready-for-Use Water-Based Ink: As a ready-for-use water-based ink, Matsui 301DM Base offers exceptional print quality with ease. Simply integrate it into your fabric printing process without the need for activation, ensuring smooth and vibrant prints.
- Activated Discharge Ink: When activated, Matsui 301DM Base becomes a powerful discharge ink, effectively removing dye from dark fabrics to create striking and vivid designs. Experience the soft and natural feel that only discharge printing can deliver, elevating the comfort and appeal of your printed garments.
- Seamless Integration: Matsui 301DM Base is designed for user-friendly integration into your printing process, providing consistent and remarkable results. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a passionate enthusiast, this ink adapts to your needs, making printing a breeze.
- Endless Creative Possibilities: With Matsui 301DM Base, you have the freedom to experiment with various techniques and fabric types. From water-based printing to captivating discharge printing, this versatile ink opens up endless possibilities for your fabric creations.
- High-Quality Prints: Whether used as a water-based ink or discharge ink, Matsui 301DM Base ensures high-quality prints that captivate the eye and stand the test of time. Elevate your fabric prints with exceptional detail and vibrant colors.
- Comfort and Softness: Experience the luxury of softness and comfort that discharge printing delivers, making your garments more enjoyable to wear. Matsui 301DM Base’s activated form creates a naturally soft hand feel that PVC inks cannot replicate.
Discover the freedom and flexibility that Matsui 301DM Base offers in fabric printing. From ready-to-use water-based ink to activated discharge ink, this all-in-one solution empowers you to create remarkable designs on various fabric types. Elevate your fabric printing game with Matsui 301DM Base, where versatility, quality, and creativity converge to leave a lasting impression with every print. Unleash your imagination and unlock the potential for exceptional fabric prints with this innovative and flexible ink.
Matsui 301DM Base Technical Printing Specifications:
- When using Matsui discharge products, keep in mind that they will only discharge 100% cotton fabrics.
- If you’re printing on blends, the discharge effect will only be visible on the cotton threads, while the synthetic fibers will retain their original color giving the print a distressed look.
- Discharge ink’s effectiveness can vary based on shirt brands and batches. Re-dyed shirts may not discharge the first color well. Check with your shirt supplier for recommendations on suitable brands for discharge printing.
Preparing Discharge Inks:
- Mixing: In clean vessels, combine the discharge ink and discharge activator using clean mixing blades and utensils.
- For optimal results, mix 3-8% of Matsui or Printers Choice Discharge Activator to the weight of the ink. Some printers prefer to dissolve the discharge activator in a small amount of water before adding it to the ink. This helps ensure even dispersion throughout the ink, leading to a more consistent and effective discharge process.
- The percentage of discharge activator used will impact the brightness of the white once cured. Higher percentages result in a brighter white, but the softness of the print may be slightly affected.
- Shelf Life: Once activated with either Printers Choice or Matsui Discharge Activator, the ink has a shelf life of 12 hours. It is recommended to use the ink within this timeframe for optimal performance.
Screen & Mesh Preparation Pro Tip:
- For optimal results, ensure that you use a water-resistant emulsion such as Chromaline CPTex or Chromaline Hydro-X. These emulsions are designed to withstand the water-based nature of discharge inks.
- Using a water-resistant emulsion like Chromaline CPTex, a true dual-cure diazo emulsion, offers several advantages over photopolymer emulsions. The CPTex emulsion provides enhanced durability and resistance to both water-based and plastisol inks. It also offers better performance when exposed to high-intensity UV light during the screen exposure process. The diazo component in Chromaline CPTex provides superior water resistance, making it an ideal choice for water-based inks, such as discharge inks. Additionally, it offers better resistance to solvent-based inks, ensuring longer screen life and improved print quality. Moreover, Chromaline CPTex exhibits excellent adhesion to the mesh, reducing the risk of mesh breakdown during the printing process. It can withstand multiple print runs, which is especially beneficial for high-volume production. In summary, using Chromaline CPTex as your true dual-cure diazo emulsion brings added versatility, durability, and performance to your screen printing process, making it a preferred choice for various printing applications.
- If you anticipate long print runs or require enhanced durability, consider using a hardener such as Murakami MS Hardener on the emulsion to increase its resistance to breaking down.
- Printing with water-based and discharge inks requires careful consideration of the mesh type to achieve optimal results. Utilizing thin thread mesh, such as Saati Hydro mesh, is highly recommended for these ink types. Thin thread screens offer a larger open area per inch, creating a more open and less obstructed surface. This larger open area makes it harder for inks to dry and close in on the image area, preventing unwanted clogging or distortion. By selecting a suitable mesh, like Saati Hydro mesh, you can ensure smoother printing, maintain image clarity, and enhance the overall quality of your prints. Invest in the right mesh for your water-based and discharge ink applications to elevate your printing experience.
- After burning your screens, post-expose them in the sun to ensure they are thoroughly dry before starting the printing process. This step will help prevent any potential issues related to excess moisture in the screens during printing.
- To enhance your inks performance, create a mesh lubricant solution by mixing 30% Matsui Softener with 70% water in a bottle. Shake the mixture thoroughly until it is well combined. Before printing, apply this solution on the ink side of the mesh and evenly wipe it over the image area. This acts as a lubricant, providing a similar effect to WD-40 on the mesh threads. The lubricant helps prevent the ink from sticking on the threads of the open area, ensuring your image remains crisp and preventing any unintended closing in of the design. This simple yet effective technique can contribute to smoother printing and improved image quality.
- Use additives like softener, retarder, and quick additive to keep the ink open and workable during the print run.
- Less is better on the screen; add a small amount of ink on the press and continually add fresh, hydrated ink during the print run to prevent drying on press.
- Keep a spray bottle nearby to mist the ink when flooded to prevent drying out.
- Avoid having fans or air flow blowing on your screens
- Keep the pallets at or below 140 degrees Fahrenheit during the print run to avoid gumming up the ink in the screen.
- To enhance the performance of discharge ink and keep the ink open for a smoother printing experience, consider using additives such as Matsui Softener, Matsui Retarder, and Matsui Quick Additive. These additives can help improve ink flow and extend the open time on the screen, allowing you to achieve better results during your print run. Experimenting with different additive percentages can fine-tune the ink’s properties to suit your specific printing needs.
- Once you start the printing process, try to avoid extended pauses or stops, as prolonged time in the screen can cause the inks to start drying out. If you need to take a break, it’s advisable to leave your screens flooded with ink. Keeping the screens flooded will help maintain the moisture content and extend the workable printing time, reducing the risk of ink drying out on the screen. This technique ensures smoother printing and minimizes potential disruptions during the production process.
- Curing water-based discharge ink indeed demands more time and attention compared to standard plastisol ink. For optimal results, we recommend running your conveyor dryer at 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius) and leaving the printed garment inside for a full two minutes. This extended curing time is essential to evaporate all the water content from the ink in the tunnel, ensuring an even and consistent print.
- If the print appears darker in certain areas than others, it indicates that the garment hasn’t been fully cured, and additional time is required for proper curing. Achieving a thorough and uniform cure is crucial to obtaining vibrant and long-lasting prints.
- Discharge ink emits strong fumes during the curing process, so proper ventilation is advised to dissipate the odor. Ensuring a well-ventilated environment not only improves the working conditions but also enhances overall print quality. By following these guidelines, you can achieve outstanding results with water-based discharge ink printing while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- To prevent discharge gas transfer, avoid stacking shirts hot right out of the dryer. Use a cooling bar or fan at the end of the conveyor dryer, or make multiple shirt stacks to allow them time to cool down.
Matsui 301DM Base Technical Data Sheet:
- Wet Ink Tack | Low
- After Flash Tack | Low
- Printability | Excellent
- Surface Appearance | Matte
- Opacity/Viscosity | Low/Low
- Bleed Resistance | None
- Curing Temperature/Time | 320°F (160°C) x 2~3 min.
- Squeegee Hardness | Medium
- Squeegee Blade | Sharp
- Squeegee Angle | 45 degrees to screen
- Squeegee Speed | Medium
- Underlay | N/A
- Emulsion | Direct or indirect
- Mesh Count | 70-150 mesh
- Thinner | RV Additive
- Thickener | Thickener B
- Storage | 65°F to 95°F (18°C to 35°C). Avoid direct sun.
- Cleanup | Water and mild soap or detergent
- Color Range | Clear
- Substrate Type | Cotton
- Substrate Color(s) | Light, Medium and Dark Fabrics
Note: The printer must test the ink before a production run. River City Supply and affiliates are not responsible for dye migration or misuse of this product. It is imperative for the printer to test and ensure the ink is properly cured and opaque enough to prevent dye migration on particular fabrics.