MATSUI HM Discharge Base – Thinnest and Softest Solution for High Mesh Printing
Introducing Matsui HM Discharge Base, a revolutionary solution that unlocks new frontiers in fabric printing. This cutting-edge discharge base offers a myriad of advantages, including its unique characteristic of being exceptionally thin, allowing it to pass through mesh counts as high as 305. Prepare to witness unparalleled detail and precision in your designs like never before.
Designed with versatility in mind, Matsui HM Discharge Base offers a seamless and efficient printing experience. Its thin consistency ensures smooth and hassle-free application, enabling you to achieve sharp, crisp, and intricate prints with ease.
Embrace the boundless creativity that comes with using Matsui HM Discharge Base as your ultimate tool. Witness the fusion of high mesh compatibility and exceptional detail, providing you with the freedom to explore intricate and complex designs without compromising on print quality.
Experience the luxury of softness and comfort that only discharge printing can deliver, all thanks to Matsui HM Discharge Base’s ability to create an incredibly soft hand feel that PVC inks simply cannot replicate.
Crafted for excellence and versatility, Matsui HM Discharge Base blends seamlessly with a variety of inks, including Neo Pigments. By incorporating up to 15% Neo Pigments, you can create an extensive array of color shades, infusing your designs with vibrant hues that captivate the senses.
Unleash the full potential of your fabric printing projects with Matsui HM Discharge Base. From intricate details to soft hand feels, this discharge base allows you to take your designs to new heights, while complying with safety standards as a “PVC-Free” solution.
With Matsui HM Discharge Base, your printing possibilities are endless. Witness the remarkable level of detail achievable with mesh counts as high as 305, and experience the fusion of comfort and creativity that sets your fabric prints apart from the rest.
So, if you’re seeking a discharge base that offers superior high mesh compatibility and incredible detail, look no further than Matsui HM Discharge Base. Elevate your fabric printing game and prepare to leave a lasting impression with this innovative and thin discharge base. Unlock the art of precision and softness with Matsui HM Discharge Base, where creativity and excellence converge.
$24.99 – $199.99
Key Features of Matsui HM Discharge Base:
- Exceptionally Thin Consistency: Matsui HM Discharge Base boasts an exceptionally thin consistency, allowing it to pass through mesh counts as high as 305. This unique characteristic enables you to achieve unparalleled detail and precision in your fabric prints.
- High Mesh Compatibility: With the ability to pass through very high mesh counts, this discharge base minimizes ink usage while delivering outstanding print quality. Ideal for intricate and complex designs that require utmost clarity and sharpness.
- Effortless Printing: Matsui HM Discharge Base ensures a seamless and hassle-free printing experience, thanks to its thin and user-friendly composition. Enjoy smooth application and precise results without compromising on print quality.
- Luxuriously Soft Hand Feel: Embrace the unparalleled softness and comfort that only discharge printing can provide. Matsui HM Discharge Base delivers a luxurious hand feel that cannot be replicated by PVC inks, enhancing the overall wearability and appeal of your fabric prints.
- Versatility with Neo Pigments: Matsui HM Discharge Base seamlessly blends with Neo Pigments, allowing you to add up to 15% Neo Pigments to create a wide range of color shades. Explore endless creative possibilities and infuse your designs with vibrant hues.
- Compliance with Safety Standards: Matsui HM Discharge Base is fully compliant with safety standards, ensuring that your prints meet all necessary requirements for consumer use.
- PVC-Free Solution: This discharge base proudly carries the “PVC-Free” label, reflecting its commitment to eco-friendly printing practices and reducing the environmental impact of your fabric printing projects.
Unlock a world of precision and creativity with Matsui HM Discharge Base, where high mesh compatibility and exceptional detail converge to elevate your fabric printing projects. Experience the luxury of softness and comfort that discharge printing delivers, while enjoying effortless printing with this remarkably thin discharge base. Infuse your designs with vibrant color shades using Neo Pigments and explore the endless possibilities of this versatile discharge base.
With Matsui HM Discharge Base, your fabric printing journey enters a realm of innovation, comfort, and sustainability. Elevate your prints to new heights with precise detail, soft hand feels, and eco-consciousness, all in one remarkable solution. Embrace the art of fabric printing with Matsui HM Discharge Base, where excellence and creativity come together in perfect harmony.
Matsui HM Discharge Base Technical Printing Specifications:
- When using Matsui discharge products, keep in mind that they will only discharge 100% cotton fabrics.
- If you’re printing on blends, the discharge effect will only be visible on the cotton threads, while the synthetic fibers will retain their original color giving the print a distressed look.
- Discharge ink’s effectiveness can vary based on shirt brands and batches. Re-dyed shirts may not discharge the first color well. Check with your shirt supplier for recommendations on suitable brands for discharge printing.
Preparing Discharge Inks:
- Mixing: In clean vessels, combine the discharge ink and discharge activator using clean mixing blades and utensils.
- For optimal results, mix 3-8% of Matsui or Printers Choice Discharge Activator to the weight of the ink. Some printers prefer to dissolve the discharge activator in a small amount of water before adding it to the ink. This helps ensure even dispersion throughout the ink, leading to a more consistent and effective discharge process.
- The percentage of discharge activator used will impact the brightness of the white once cured. Higher percentages result in a brighter white, but the softness of the print may be slightly affected.
- Shelf Life: Once activated with either Printers Choice or Matsui Discharge Activator, the ink has a shelf life of 12 hours. It is recommended to use the ink within this timeframe for optimal performance.
Screen & Mesh Preparation Pro Tip:
- For optimal results, ensure that you use a water-resistant emulsion such as Chromaline CPTex or Chromaline Hydro-X. These emulsions are designed to withstand the water-based nature of discharge inks.
- Using a water-resistant emulsion like Chromaline CPTex, a true dual-cure diazo emulsion, offers several advantages over photopolymer emulsions. The CPTex emulsion provides enhanced durability and resistance to both water-based and plastisol inks. It also offers better performance when exposed to high-intensity UV light during the screen exposure process. The diazo component in Chromaline CPTex provides superior water resistance, making it an ideal choice for water-based inks, such as discharge inks. Additionally, it offers better resistance to solvent-based inks, ensuring longer screen life and improved print quality. Moreover, Chromaline CPTex exhibits excellent adhesion to the mesh, reducing the risk of mesh breakdown during the printing process. It can withstand multiple print runs, which is especially beneficial for high-volume production. In summary, using Chromaline CPTex as your true dual-cure diazo emulsion brings added versatility, durability, and performance to your screen printing process, making it a preferred choice for various printing applications.
- If you anticipate long print runs or require enhanced durability, consider using a hardener such as Murakami MS Hardener on the emulsion to increase its resistance to breaking down.
- Printing with water-based and discharge inks requires careful consideration of the mesh type to achieve optimal results. Utilizing thin thread mesh, such as Saati Hydro mesh, is highly recommended for these ink types. Thin thread screens offer a larger open area per inch, creating a more open and less obstructed surface. This larger open area makes it harder for inks to dry and close in on the image area, preventing unwanted clogging or distortion. By selecting a suitable mesh, like Saati Hydro mesh, you can ensure smoother printing, maintain image clarity, and enhance the overall quality of your prints. Invest in the right mesh for your water-based and discharge ink applications to elevate your printing experience.
- After burning your screens, post-expose them in the sun to ensure they are thoroughly dry before starting the printing process. This step will help prevent any potential issues related to excess moisture in the screens during printing.
- To enhance your inks performance, create a mesh lubricant solution by mixing 30% Matsui Softener with 70% water in a bottle. Shake the mixture thoroughly until it is well combined. Before printing, apply this solution on the ink side of the mesh and evenly wipe it over the image area. This acts as a lubricant, providing a similar effect to WD-40 on the mesh threads. The lubricant helps prevent the ink from sticking on the threads of the open area, ensuring your image remains crisp and preventing any unintended closing in of the design. This simple yet effective technique can contribute to smoother printing and improved image quality.
- Use additives like softener, retarder, and quick additive to keep the ink open and workable during the print run.
- Less is better on the screen; add a small amount of ink on the press and continually add fresh, hydrated ink during the print run to prevent drying on press.
- Keep a spray bottle nearby to mist the ink when flooded to prevent drying out.
- Avoid having fans or air flow blowing on your screens
- Keep the pallets at or below 140 degrees Fahrenheit during the print run to avoid gumming up the ink in the screen.
- To enhance the performance of discharge ink and keep the ink open for a smoother printing experience, consider using additives such as Matsui Softener, Matsui Retarder, and Matsui Quick Additive. These additives can help improve ink flow and extend the open time on the screen, allowing you to achieve better results during your print run. Experimenting with different additive percentages can fine-tune the ink’s properties to suit your specific printing needs.
- Once you start the printing process, try to avoid extended pauses or stops, as prolonged time in the screen can cause the inks to start drying out. If you need to take a break, it’s advisable to leave your screens flooded with ink. Keeping the screens flooded will help maintain the moisture content and extend the workable printing time, reducing the risk of ink drying out on the screen. This technique ensures smoother printing and minimizes potential disruptions during the production process.
- Curing water-based discharge ink indeed demands more time and attention compared to standard plastisol ink. For optimal results, we recommend running your conveyor dryer at 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius) and leaving the printed garment inside for a full two minutes. This extended curing time is essential to evaporate all the water content from the ink in the tunnel, ensuring an even and consistent print.
- If the print appears darker in certain areas than others, it indicates that the garment hasn’t been fully cured, and additional time is required for proper curing. Achieving a thorough and uniform cure is crucial to obtaining vibrant and long-lasting prints.
- Discharge ink emits strong fumes during the curing process, so proper ventilation is advised to dissipate the odor. Ensuring a well-ventilated environment not only improves the working conditions but also enhances overall print quality. By following these guidelines, you can achieve outstanding results with water-based discharge ink printing while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- To prevent discharge gas transfer, avoid stacking shirts hot right out of the dryer. Use a cooling bar or fan at the end of the conveyor dryer, or make multiple shirt stacks to allow them time to cool down.
Technical Data Sheet for Matsui HM Discharge Base:
- Wet Ink Tack: Low
- After Flash Tack: Low
- Printability: Excellent
- Surface Appearance: Matte
- Opacity/Viscosity: Low/Low
- Bleed Resistance: None
- Flash Temperature: 160°F (71°C)/decreases with deposit thickness
- Cure Temperature: 320°F (160°C)
- Squeegee Hardness: Medium
- Squeegee Blade: Sharp
- Squeegee Angle: 45 degrees to screen
- Squeegee Speed: Medium
- Underlay: N/A
- Emulsion: Direct or indirect
- Mesh Count: 110-305 mc in (43-120 mc cm)
- Thinner: RV Additive
- Thickener: N/A
- Storage: 65°F to 95°F (18°C to 35°C). Avoid direct sun.
- Cleanup: Water and mild soap or detergent
- Color Range: Milky
- Substrate Type: Cotton
- Substrate Color(s): Light, Medium, and Dark Fabrics
Note: The printer must test the ink before a production run. River City Supply and affiliates are not responsible for dye migration or misuse of this product. It is imperative for the printer to test and ensure the ink is properly cured and opaque enough to prevent dye migration on particular fabrics.
Technical Sheets / Safety Data Sheets / Documents
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.