Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink – Unrivaled Brightness for Exceptional Prints
Introducing Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink, the ultimate solution for achieving stunningly bright and optically white prints on your fabrics. As a frontrunner among the Matsui discharge white products, this remarkable ink boasts the highest pigment concentration, ensuring unparalleled results that will captivate your audience.
Designed to elevate your printing projects to new heights, Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink is formulated with cutting-edge technology, allowing for precise control and exceptional performance on a variety of fabrics. Whether you’re working on t-shirts, hoodies, or other garments, this ink will impress with its ability to create vivid, eye-catching designs that truly pop.
With the most pigment in its class, this ink guarantees unmatched opacity and coverage, making it the go-to choice for creating striking prints on dark or colored fabrics. Say goodbye to dull and lackluster results, and embrace the brilliance of Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink, which effortlessly elevates your designs to a whole new level of vibrancy and clarity.
Not only does this ink deliver remarkable print quality, but it also ensures a smooth and hassle-free printing process. Its excellent flow and consistency make it easy to work with, ensuring that your prints come out flawlessly every time. Plus, its discharge properties allow you to achieve soft, breathable prints that maintain the fabric’s natural feel and comfort.
Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink is a testament to Matsui’s commitment to innovation and excellence. So, whether you’re a seasoned professional or a printing enthusiast, take your designs to new heights with this superior discharge white ink. Experience the most optically white prints imaginable and set your creations apart with Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink!
$29.99 – $299.99
Key Features of Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink:
- Easy Mixing and Printing: Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink is designed for convenience, making the ink mixing process a breeze. With its user-friendly properties, you can easily achieve consistent and outstanding prints without any hassle.
- Versatile Color Options: Elevate your designs with a touch of creativity by blending this ink with Neo Pigments. You can achieve delightful pastel colors by adding up to 15% Neo Pigments to the Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink, allowing for a wide range of color possibilities.
- Excellent Printability: This ink offers exceptional printability, ensuring your designs come out sharp, clear, and vibrant on various fabric types. The best part is that it requires no viscosity modifications, saving you time and effort during the printing process.
- Unmatched Soft Hand Feel: Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink delivers an incredibly soft hand feel, creating prints that are comfortable to wear and touch. Unlike PVC inks, which can often feel heavy and rigid, this ink provides a luxurious and smooth texture that enhances the overall appeal of your garments.
- Improved Mesh Compatibility: By blending the ink in a 50/50 ratio with HM Discharge White, you can achieve even greater versatility with your printing setup. This blend enables you to use higher mesh counts, up to 230 mc in (91 mc cm), allowing for finer detail and enhanced printing precision.
- CPSIA and HR4040 Compliant: Safety and quality are paramount when it comes to products designed for printing on fabrics. Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink is fully compliant with CPSIA and HR4040 standards, ensuring that your prints meet all necessary safety requirements for consumer use.
In summary, Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink offers a myriad of features that cater to both efficiency and creativity in the world of fabric printing. Its easy-to-mix nature, compatibility with Neo Pigments for diverse color options, exceptional printability without viscosity modifications, unmatched soft hand feel, and improved mesh compatibility make it a go-to choice for professionals and enthusiasts alike. Plus, with its compliance with CPSIA and HR4040, you can rest assured that your designs meet the highest safety standards for your customers. Unleash your creativity and elevate your printing projects with Matsui Brite Discharge White Ink.
Matsui Bright Discharge White Technical Printing Specifications:
- When using Matsui discharge products, keep in mind that they will only discharge 100% cotton fabrics.
- If you’re printing on blends, the discharge effect will only be visible on the cotton threads, while the synthetic fibers will retain their original color giving the print a distressed look.
- Discharge ink’s effectiveness can vary based on shirt brands and batches. Re-dyed shirts may not discharge the first color well. Check with your shirt supplier for recommendations on suitable brands for discharge printing.
Preparing Discharge Inks:
- Mixing: In clean vessels, combine the discharge ink and discharge activator using clean mixing blades and utensils.
- For optimal results, mix 3-8% of Matsui or Printers Choice Discharge Activator to the weight of the ink. Some printers prefer to dissolve the discharge activator in a small amount of water before adding it to the ink. This helps ensure even dispersion throughout the ink, leading to a more consistent and effective discharge process.
- The percentage of discharge activator used will impact the brightness of the white once cured. Higher percentages result in a brighter white, but the softness of the print may be slightly affected.
- Shelf Life: Once activated with either Printers Choice or Matsui Discharge Activator, the ink has a shelf life of 12 hours. It is recommended to use the ink within this timeframe for optimal performance.
Screen & Mesh Preparation Pro Tip:
- For optimal results, ensure that you use a water-resistant emulsion such as Chromaline CPTex or Chromaline Hydro-X. These emulsions are designed to withstand the water-based nature of discharge inks.
- Using a water-resistant emulsion like Chromaline CPTex, a true dual-cure diazo emulsion, offers several advantages over photopolymer emulsions. The CPTex emulsion provides enhanced durability and resistance to both water-based and plastisol inks. It also offers better performance when exposed to high-intensity UV light during the screen exposure process. The diazo component in Chromaline CPTex provides superior water resistance, making it an ideal choice for water-based inks, such as discharge inks. Additionally, it offers better resistance to solvent-based inks, ensuring longer screen life and improved print quality. Moreover, Chromaline CPTex exhibits excellent adhesion to the mesh, reducing the risk of mesh breakdown during the printing process. It can withstand multiple print runs, which is especially beneficial for high-volume production. In summary, using Chromaline CPTex as your true dual-cure diazo emulsion brings added versatility, durability, and performance to your screen printing process, making it a preferred choice for various printing applications.
- If you anticipate long print runs or require enhanced durability, consider using a hardener such as Murakami MS Hardener on the emulsion to increase its resistance to breaking down.
- Printing with water-based and discharge inks requires careful consideration of the mesh type to achieve optimal results. Utilizing thin thread mesh, such as Saati Hydro mesh, is highly recommended for these ink types. Thin thread screens offer a larger open area per inch, creating a more open and less obstructed surface. This larger open area makes it harder for inks to dry and close in on the image area, preventing unwanted clogging or distortion. By selecting a suitable mesh, like Saati Hydro mesh, you can ensure smoother printing, maintain image clarity, and enhance the overall quality of your prints. Invest in the right mesh for your water-based and discharge ink applications to elevate your printing experience.
- After burning your screens, post-expose them in the sun to ensure they are thoroughly dry before starting the printing process. This step will help prevent any potential issues related to excess moisture in the screens during printing.
- To enhance your inks performance, create a mesh lubricant solution by mixing 30% Matsui Softener with 70% water in a bottle. Shake the mixture thoroughly until it is well combined. Before printing, apply this solution on the ink side of the mesh and evenly wipe it over the image area. This acts as a lubricant, providing a similar effect to WD-40 on the mesh threads. The lubricant helps prevent the ink from sticking on the threads of the open area, ensuring your image remains crisp and preventing any unintended closing in of the design. This simple yet effective technique can contribute to smoother printing and improved image quality.
- Use additives like softener, retarder, and quick additive to keep the ink open and workable during the print run.
- Less is better on the screen; add a small amount of ink on the press and continually add fresh, hydrated ink during the print run to prevent drying on press.
- Keep a spray bottle nearby to mist the ink when flooded to prevent drying out.
- Avoid having fans or air flow blowing on your screens
- Keep the pallets at or below 140 degrees Fahrenheit during the print run to avoid gumming up the ink in the screen.
- To enhance the performance of discharge ink and keep the ink open for a smoother printing experience, consider using additives such as Matsui Softener, Matsui Retarder, and Matsui Quick Additive. These additives can help improve ink flow and extend the open time on the screen, allowing you to achieve better results during your print run. Experimenting with different additive percentages can fine-tune the ink’s properties to suit your specific printing needs.
- Once you start the printing process, try to avoid extended pauses or stops, as prolonged time in the screen can cause the inks to start drying out. If you need to take a break, it’s advisable to leave your screens flooded with ink. Keeping the screens flooded will help maintain the moisture content and extend the workable printing time, reducing the risk of ink drying out on the screen. This technique ensures smoother printing and minimizes potential disruptions during the production process.
- Curing water-based discharge ink indeed demands more time and attention compared to standard plastisol ink. For optimal results, we recommend running your conveyor dryer at 320 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius) and leaving the printed garment inside for a full two minutes. This extended curing time is essential to evaporate all the water content from the ink in the tunnel, ensuring an even and consistent print.
- If the print appears darker in certain areas than others, it indicates that the garment hasn’t been fully cured, and additional time is required for proper curing. Achieving a thorough and uniform cure is crucial to obtaining vibrant and long-lasting prints.
- Discharge ink emits strong fumes during the curing process, so proper ventilation is advised to dissipate the odor. Ensuring a well-ventilated environment not only improves the working conditions but also enhances overall print quality. By following these guidelines, you can achieve outstanding results with water-based discharge ink printing while maintaining safety and quality standards.
- To prevent discharge gas transfer, avoid stacking shirts hot right out of the dryer. Use a cooling bar or fan at the end of the conveyor dryer, or make multiple shirt stacks to allow them time to cool down.
Matsui Bright White Discharge Technical Data:
- Wet Ink Tack | Low
- After Flash Tack | Low
- Printability | Excellent
- Surface Appearance | Matte
- Opacity/Viscosity | High/Low
- Bleed Resistance | None
- Flash Temperature | 160°F (71°C)/decreases with deposit thickness
- Cure Temperature | 320°F (160°C)
- Squeegee Hardness | Medium
- Squeegee Blade | Sharp
- Squeegee Angle | 45 degrees to screen
- Squeegee Speed | Medium
- Underlay | N/A
- Emulsion | Direct or indirect
- Mesh Count | 86-130 mc in (34-63 mc cm)
- Thinner | RV Additive
- Thickener | N/A
- Storage | 65°F to 95°F (18°C to 35°C). Avoid direct sun.
- Cleanup | Water and mild soap or detergent
- Color Range | White
- Substrate Type | Cotton
- Substrate Color(s) | Light, Medium and Dark Fabrics
Note: The printer must test the ink before a production run. River City Supply and affiliates are not responsible for dye migration or misuse of this product. It is imperative for the printer to test and ensure the ink is properly cured and opaque enough to prevent dye migration on particular fabrics.
Technical Sheets / Safety Data Sheets / Documents
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.